Terms and Conditions
Petrek 3G dimensions are 46mm(L) x 38mm(W) x 19mm(H) and weighs approximately 30 grams so is suitable for small to large sized pets that are over about 3kgs.
The Petrek 3G is certified with an IP67 waterproof rating, meaning the tracker can be fully submerged in water up to 1 metre deep for up to 30 minutes. Please ensure that you rinse the tracker in fresh water after it has been in contact with sea/salt water.
Location Update Information:
The performance of Petrek 3G is a result of a number of issues including the size and strength of GSM (mobile phone network) antenna, power delivered to the GSM antenna and the network coverage associated with the SIM card being used. Please note that because we have miniaturised most of the elements within the tracker to make it applicable to even small dogs and cats, the performance is obviously less than the average mobile phone where limitations to the size and weight of the antenna and battery are not as restrictive. Therefore, the fact that you can use a mobile phone in a certain area may not mean that the Petrek 3G is guaranteed to work in that same area. In areas with sketchy/weak mobile reception, the tracker may not always update and can drain battery slightly faster. There has been a significant amount of testing over many years to optimise the balance between miniaturisation and performance of the Petrek GPS Pet Trackers and this research and development will continue in an effort to remain a market leader in GPS pet trackers.
The accuracy of the location updates can vary from 0.5metres up to over 25metres and this will depend on issues such as the quality of the GPS signal, the coverage of Google Maps for that area and whether LBS assist mode is turned on or off. Each update requires GPS signal, GSM signal (mobile reception) and movement (to ensure the tracker is not in Sleep mode). Without these three necessities the tracker will not update - for example, if a pet is at home sleeping under a bed with no GPS signal, the iPet app will just show the last update before the pet moved into the house to sleep. Without an adequate GPS signal, the location may be inaccurate - anywhere from 20metres to 5kilometres away. You can try to estimate the location by turning LBS assist mode on. LBS assist mode will use the nearest mobile phone towers to help establish a location and the accuracy of this will depend on the proximity and number of mobile phone towers in the vicinity of your pet. It is advised to make sure that the “LBS assist” function is not enabled when using the Petrek 3G unless you have a situation where there is NO GPS signal being received.
SIM Card Information:
Every Petrek 3G requires a SIM card to operate. When you receive your Petrek 3G, we will already have installed an ALDI Prepaid SIM card that operates on the Telstra network with $5 pre-paid credit that should last at least 3-4 months. As detailed in the instruction sheet enclosed with your Petrek 3G, please go to the ALDI Mobile website for instructions on to how to activate and later, when your $5 credit has been used up, to top-up the credit on the SIM card. The trackers only use about 7-9 KB every time a location update is received so they will never use enough data to exceed the minimum 12 month expiry plan offered by ALDI for $20. We have tested the ALDI Telstra SIM in many areas of Australia including some more remote areas and found it to be generally equivalent to Telstra. Since release, this testing has been confirmed by the vast majority of users. We do recognise that, in some situations, an alternative SIM card may be desired (e.g. Telstra, Vodafone or Optus may provide better coverage in a certain area or if a SIM card linked to a particular user account is preferred). For this reason we have made the Petrek 3G such that the user can easily change SIM cards. In doing so, the user must recognise that the running costs will be higher than those associated with the ALDI mobile SIM card and a new APN will need to be set-up – please contact . Please check the 3G mobile coverage maps for your area prior to purchase or monitor the network strength on your mobile phone. If you have any doubt, contact us about the possibility of trialling a Petrek 3G before committing to buy (terms and conditions apply). We may not provide refunds for trackers that have been taken out of the box and used only to find there is inadequate mobile reception in your area.
Minimum Smartphone System Requirements For iPet App:
We recommend that you use a phone with at least 1000 MHz of processing speed, 3G HSDPA, capacitive touch screen and at least 1GB Ram. So to avoid lags and slowness in updating, the iPet App is best used with Android phones and iPhones purchased in 2013 or later (e.g. iPhone5, Android 2.3 (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S2) and later models) with Android phones generally providing the best performance with all features present (Heat map function is not available on iPhones). Microchips Australia does not take any responsibility if your smartphone reacts slowly to alerts and lags while searching as our tracking app requires multiple loads. iPhone users must have iPhone 5 or newer series and will need to check there is enough memory to run the tracking App as some older iPhones may shut down apps in the background causing the App to stop taking location updates of their pets.
All Petrek 3G trackers come with a built-in rechargeable battery. The Petrek 3G uses a world first magnetic waterproof charging port that means you can charge the unit without removing any covers or tampering with any waterproofing seals. The port acts like a magnet for the charging head and attaches itself when the plug gets close enough. Charging is required daily if the Petrek 3G is being used in the more frequent location update modes such as “Urgent” or “Normal” or can be charged once every 3-5 days if in “Power Saving” mode. Low battery warnings will be automatically sent to your mobile phone. Please note battery life is very dependent on reception – the better the reception the longer the battery life. We are constantly working on both firmware and software upgrades to improve performance and achieve maximum battery life so you can expect battery life to increase as your tracker receives these automatic updates during usage. Please refer to the www.pettrackingoz.com.au website for current battery life expectations. Charging from completely discharged to fully charged takes less than 1 hour. It is recommended to turn the tracker OFF before charging each time but please ensure that the unit is then turned back on before using again. We do NOT recommend charging your Petrek GPS with your computer or laptop, please charge using a USB phone charger via 240V AC power socket.
- Please review the dimensions (46mm(L) x 38mm(W) x 19mm(H)) and weight (30 grams) of Petrek 3G before purchase (dimensions and weight quoted include SIM card but exclude attachment to collar). We do NOT provide refunds should you find the item too big or heavy.
- We do not provide “change of mind” refunds.
- We will offer a refund should you find within 2 days after making your purchase that the product and features are not as described. We have noted all features and specifications of our products including a FAQ section on our website pettrackingoz.com.auso it is your responsibility to make sure the purchases suit your requirements.
- If the goods are faulty on arrival you must notify us within 2 days with proof of purchase. Once we receive the item(s), we will meet our obligations under the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission listed HERE. No refunds can be given unless faults are not remedied.
Orders that are still being processed can be cancelled by calling us on 03 9706 3165. Once the product is shipped you cannot cancel the order.
Once they are processed, orders will normally be sent within 1-2 working days via Express Post. Tracking numbers will be given once dispatched. The delivery time for backorders or pre-orders is 5-7 weeks should there be no stock.
Microchips Australia holds no responsibility if you lose your pet or item whether related directly or indirectly with any of our products. The product has been thoroughly tested by the manufacturer and all products complied at the highest possible standards. Tracking of location is only accurate when there is clear GSM/GPRS network signal and clear GPS signal. Signals can be affected when under metal, concrete or similar structures. If there is no GSM/GPRS reception the tracker will not respond, much like a mobile phone with no reception.
All Petrek 3G GPS Pet Trackers carry a 12 month warranty as set out below.
- The warranty begins from the day of purchase by the end user unless otherwise stated.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied with a receipt of the purchase by the end user or proof of purchase.
- Microchips Australia Pty Ltd warrants to the purchaser that the hardware product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs during this warranty period, Microchips Australia Pty Ltd or a Microchips Australia Pty Ltd authorised repairer will repair the defective hardware product or component, free of charge after it has been returned to the Microchips Australia Pty Ltd office.
- This warranty shall not apply if the product:
- is modified or tampered with;
- is damaged by negligence, accident, unreasonable use, usage not in accordance with product instructions, as a result of repairs not authorised by Microchips Australia Pty Ltd or by other causes unrelated to defective materials or workmanship;
- has had the serial number altered, defaced or removed.
- This warranty does NOT cover the replaceable battery or the Aldi Telstra SIM card.
- Any applicable implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby limited in duration to the warranty periods described above (12 months).
- In no event shall Microchips Australia Pty Ltd be liable for consequential or incidental damages resulting from failure of the hardware.
- Any product supplied which is returned requiring a credit or refund, may be subject to a 10% process and handling fee. Credit of goods will only be provided after written notification and will only be processed if returned undamaged and within 30 days of receipt of goods.
- For all items that are not covered under warranty due to physical damage or any sort of unauthorized tampering, the customer will be liable for all shipping and repair services.
For more information please refer to the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission https://www.accc.gov.au